Vision seen on Monday 8th Dec 2008 6:30 AM
Heb 11:11 – 19
- Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
- Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
- These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
- For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
- And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
- But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
- By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
- Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
- Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
GOOD NEWS VER –
- It was faith that made Abraham able to become a father, even though he was too old and Sarah herself could not have children. He trusted God to keep his promise.
- Though Abraham was practically dead, from this one man came as many descendants as there are stars in the sky, as many as the numberless grains of sand on the seashore.
- It was in faith that all these persons died. They did not receive the things God had promised, but from a long way off they saw them and welcomed them, and admitted openly that they were foreigners and refugees on earth.
- Those who say such things make it clear that they are looking for a country of their own.
- They did not keep thinking about the country they had left; if they had, they would have had the chance to return.
- Instead, it was a better country they longed for, the heavenly country. And so God is not ashamed for them to call him their God, because he has prepared a city for them.
- It was faith that made Abraham offer his son Isaac as a sacrifice when God put Abraham to the test. Abraham was the one to whom God had made the promise, yet he was ready to offer his only son as a sacrifice.
- God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that you will have the descendants I promised.”
- Abraham reckoned that God was able to raise Isaac from death—and, so to speak, Abraham did receive Isaac back from death.
514 total views, 1 views today